At this time of year people often use the holiday to reflect on their own personal circumstances. The following end of year tax checklist may provide some useful questions to help you reflect.
- Is my will up to date?
- Do I need to establish a lifetime family trust?
- Is my life insurance policy held in trust?
- Am I making suitable pension provision?
- Could I reduce my annual income tax liability through tax efficient investments?
- Should I incorporate my property portfolio?
- How do I plan for business succession?
- When do I plan to sell my business and how do I prepare?
- When do I ‘retire’ and what does that look like?
- Have I told HMRC everything I should have?